What makes Veggiewitch Cream Deodorant different from other cream options?
- I craft my product to have a creamy consistency, and it goes on soft and smooth;
- I use organic, aluminum-free ingredients to ensure the highest quality results;
- I prefer to purchase my supplies from as many local and near-to-me sources as possible, in an effort to limit my own global footprint.
- I generally recommend a dime-sized amount for each armpit, but you can absolutely use as much as you feel is necessary. Some people use more and some people use less, it just depends on who it is and how much is needed. I really don't believe a deodorant should be treated like it's a precious commodity to be used sparingly. This is your deodorant, by all means don't feel you have to treat it like it's precious gold. Use as much as you need to!
- My mister likes to use a lot, and he puts it on his feet (thank goodness!), so a 60ml jar lasts him 1-week, but I have loyal customers who say theirs 60ml jars last 3-months or more. The following are approximations that don't leave me feeling like I'm making any bogus or grandiose claims. :D
- A 15ml/0.5oz sample jar will last 1-week, more or less depending on how much a person uses;
- A 60ml/2oz jar will last 4-weeks, more or less depending on how much a person uses;
- A 120ml/4oz jar will last 8-weeks, more or less depending on how much a person uses;
- Each jar has a 12-month shelf life, and bears a sticker to the bottom-left of the main label stating its "pack date" for your reference.
- Please store your jars in a cool, dark place, at or around a comfy room temp of 21°C/69°F.
- You can refrigerate your jars of Veggiewitch Deo if needed to resolidfy that which has melted due to heat exposure. Melting will result in a loss of volume, though, often up to half.
Are the jars recyclable?
- The 60ml/2oz, glass jars are plain, clear, glass jars, and can be re-used or recycled in any way a customer sees fit;
- The 120ml/4oz, glass jars are canning jars, and can be re-used or recycled in any way a customer sees fit;
- The Tattoo Balm tins can be cleaned out and reused in any way a customer sees fit.
Why are Veggiewitch Cream Deodorants lightly scented?
- I believe in subtlety, and disagree with deodorant replacing perfume, or overpowering ones ability to wear another scent. Deodorant is intended to help avoid body odour smells, and Veggiewitch effectively does that. A lighter scent also ensures that Veggiewitch Deodorant will be suitable for people young and old with sensitive skin.
- When switching from a conventional deodorant to a natural, cream deodorant, it is not uncommon to experience some itching and/or redness as your body detoxes from x-number of years the conventional brand was used. This is due to your body reacting to what your lymphatic system is trying to purge, and not to the deodorant cream. In very rare cases, people can be allergic or sensitive to some of the ingredients used, but they should be aware of their own sensitivities prior to purchase, as the ingredients are clearly labeled in both English and French on each jar. In the event that you happen to experience discomfort when switching from a conventional deodorant to a natural deodorant, please discontinue use and allow your skin to heal. You may find pure coconut oil will help. Whatever you do, DO NOT scratch or rub your skin, as that will surely lead to skin break and cause damage from friction and your fingernails.